Deadline 28th February, 2017 (17:00 hours)
Salary Competitive salary and benefits
Duty Station Based in Lalitpur
Urban Environment Management Society (UEMS), a non profitable nongovernmental organization working in WASH, Food Security and sustainable livelihood, solid waste management, climate change adaptation and disaste risk reduction and alternative energy, is looking for a WASH Officer to play a vital role in WASH restoration project supported by Internation Medical Corps.
- Assist in implementation of water, sanitation and hygiene related program of UEMS for providing safe and clean drinking water, promoting safe and hygienic latrine and changing behaviours of people through hygiene service delivery of WASH
- Support to Team Leader and Finance officer to prepare detail annual budget of WASH.
- Organize and attend stakeholders meetings, trainings, discussions and workshops ensuring active participation of UEMS.
- Survey, design, plan, budget and report WASH related constructions
- Provide training and orientation for capacity building of staff and social mobilizes
- Maintain linkage and coordination with government line agencies, VDCs and other stakeholders.
- Frequent visit to the project sites to ensure that projects are on right track.
- Monitoring and supervision of WASH related staffs.
Qualification and Experiences:
- Bachelors in Civil Engineering with minimum 1 year of relevant experience in WASH sector OR Diploma in Civil Engineering with 5 years of experience in WASH Sector.
- Experience in designing and estimation of water supply schemes, different types of latrines (pit latrines, bio-gas attached latrines, school latrines, eco-san latrines etc.
- Sound knowledge of rainwater harvesting structures; disable friendly, gender friendly, child friendly and inclusive water and sanitation facilities
- Knowledge on disaster resilient and risk mitigation technologies, decentralized waste water treatment plants, faecal sludge management, knowledge on Climate Change Adaptation, Alternative Energy and Disaster Risk Reduction
- knowledge in planning, organizing, Applying Technical Expertise, Analyzing formulating concepts and lessons
- knowledge on child friendly infrastructures and child protection
- Skills and knowledge on coordination and linkage with different stakeholders
- Good computer skills especially on designing and estimation software like Autocad, as well as MS Word and Excel
- Fluency in written and verbal communication in English and Nepali
All the interested individuals are requested to send their CV (max 2 pages) and application letter and UEMS Job Application Form by 1st March, 2017 to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or drop your application personally at UEMS, Gwarko-7, Lalitpur (5523328). The UEMS Job application form is compulsory and can be requested at email@example.com or can be downloaded from UEMS website www.uems.org.np. Please clearly mention applied post and location of the applied position in the application.
UEMS encourages applications from individuals belonging to marginalized sections of society.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Telephone enquiries shall not be entertained.