Vacancy: Public Health Officer
Public Health Officer
First Published on: 25th May 2017
Deadline: 31st May 2017 (1700 hours)
Urban Environment Management Society (UEMS) is seeking an application for the position of Public Health Officer for Urban WASH for Cholera/AWD emergency and improvement/repair of WASH facilities in Lalitpur District Project financially supported by UNICEF. The announced vacancy for the post of Public Health Officer is a full-time position based in Lalitpur district, s/he will ensure proper implementation of project, coordinate with staffs, related stakeholders including government agencies, write reports, documentation of project achievements and lessons learned.
- Plan, implement and monitor the cholera preparedness activities and hygiene promotion intervention in the working areas.
- Manage health volunteers in a defined geographical area.
- Provide capacity-building support and accompaniment to the implementation of health volunteers on hygiene promotion, including training, provision of appropriate IEC materials and mentoring.
- Work closely with other sectoral teams to ensure an integrated approach is applied in addressing the Cholera preparedness activities, public health issues, gender and protection needs of the beneficiaries.
- Coordinate with community level authorities to ensure community participation and hygiene practices are improved.
- Education and experience: Bachelor of Public Health with 2 years’ relevant experience or Master in Public Health with at least 1 years of relevant experience or Health Assistant/Staff Nurse with at least 3 years relevant experience.
- Have experience or interested in working even in emergency situations
- Prior experience in Cholera Preparedness activities will be an additional asset
- Have strong communication skill
- Proficient user of the Microsoft packages (MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Good command over English and Nepali language
- Flexible to manage field visit on request
Interested individuals are requested to visit www.uems.org.np for detailed job description and job application form for relevant position. Suitable Nepalese candidates are requested to submit ONLY the completed job application form to email@example.com indicating the ‘position title’ in the subject by 31 May 2017.
Qualified women are encouraged to apply. Only the short listed candidates will be invited for the assessment. No telephone enquiries will be entertained.
Click To Download