Vacancy: WASH Engineer
First Published on: 19 May 2017
Deadline: 25 May 2017 (1700 hours)
Salary Competitive salary and benefits
Duty Station Lalitpur District
Urban Environment Management Society (UEMS), a non profit, non government organization established in 2002, is dedicated to people-centered urban development and striving to contribute for better living environment through efforts for sustainable development, UEMS, supports urban and sub-urban population, especially marginalized communities through its work in multiple thematic areas, such as Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Solid Waste Management, Climate Change Adaptation and Disaster Risk Reduction, Health, Education, Child Protection, Alternative Energy, and Food Security and Sustainable Livelihood.
UEMS has been currently conducting projects on WASH Recovery. UEMS is seeking to recruit a WASH Engineer for a project in southern parts of Lalitpur District.
• Analyse vulnerability, capacity and Disaster Risk to WASH infrastructures, services and behaviors at institutional, community and individual levels
• Prepare periodic and annual reports for timely submission
• Design, build and maintain water and sanitation systems including modifications to mitigate disaster related risks
• Prepare systems for “emergency mode” to re-establish – in the shortest time possible – a minimum of service to reduce impacts on communities
• Analyse damage and interruptions of infrastructure and investigate suitable ways to modify existent/future systems to ensure resistance
• Ensure that recovery efforts focus on ‘building back better’, including measures to prevent or mitigate future disaster risk, and develop focus on building the resilience of communities to potential future hazards
• Mainstream DRR components in WASH program
• Frequent visit to the project sites to ensure that projects are on right tracks
• Support in capacity building of technical and other staffs through appropriate formal and informal capacity building programs as well as support in monitoring and evaluation
• Coordinate with users committees, community groups, local government bodies, forums, etc. directly linked to the project and ensure efficient functioning of community activities related to the project
Qualification and Experience:
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Sanitary Engineering, Disaster Risk Management or any field related to WASH related development assistance
• At least 2 years of extensive practical experience in WASH including WASH in emergencies and/or integration of Disaster Risk Management in WASH
• Knowledge on child friendly infrastructures and child protection
• Competency in Planning, Applying Technical Expertise, Analyzing and Formulating concepts/lessons
• Good knowledge of computer applications especially MS Office, AutoCad, EPANET and/or other Engineering/WASH related software
• Fluency in English and Nepali communication at professional level is essential
Interested individuals are requested to visit www.uems.org.np for detailed job description and job application form for relevant position. Suitable Nepalese candidates are requested to submit ONLY the completed job application form to email@example.com indicating the ‘position title’ in the subject by 25 May 2017.
Qualified women are encouraged to apply. Only the short listed candidates will be invited for the assessment. No telephone enquiries will be entertained.
Click To Download